In this Instax Mini 90 vs Polaroid z2300 comparison, we are going to analyze each camera and compare their look, printing and features. Who will win? Check it out!
The Polaroid z2300 is a camera today that tries to bring back the fun of yesterday’s polaroid camera. It comes with: 10 megapixels, a flash, an SD Card slot, a 3-inch LCD screen, and a mini USB port that allows transferring photos to computers. It can be used like a normal point-and-shoot camera, but like the good old Polaroid cameras, you can print your photos instantly.
With the Polaroid z2300, you can select any picture you have in the camera and set it to be print out in just one click. You can even indicate how many copies you want. After selecting the image to be printed, the picture will come out of the side of the camera in about 30-45 seconds.
The size of the picture is similar as a regular business card. Of course, given that the picture was printed instantly you can’t expect the quality to be as good as digitally printed ones. But what makes prints from the Polaroid z2300 unique and extra fun is that they can actually become stickers!
This camera also gives its users a choice between auto mode or manual: which can control ISO, exposure value, and white balance.
As an additional feature, the camera also comes with a mic and speaker and can record 720p HD videos which you can instantly view in the LCD screen.
Fujifilm Instax Mini 90
Here is another camera for those who are into the fun of instant printing. The Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 physically looks more like the old instant cameras of the 40’s rather than today’s modern point-and-shoot ones.
Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 also spits out 2×3” prints for the instant gratification of the picture taker. The camera also offers several modes for shooting such as: party, macro, kid, landscape, and even bulb exposure. The little LCD display shows which mode you are currently using.
This camera also allows more options for creativity, aside from playing around with the different shooting modes, the photographer can also play around with the lights and try for a double exposure and be surprised with printed photo which is pretty unique.
LOOK: Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 vs Polaroid Z2300
- The Polaroid z2300 is much like today’s regular point-and-shoot cameras. It has a big LCD screen at the back for viewing pictures and videos
- The Fujifilm Instax is more of the retro kind of camera. It has a viewfinder which was a thing of the traditional 90’s and older cameras. Its shutter is also located in the front instead of on the top which makes it unique, but may not be quite ergonomically appealing for most camera users as it deviates from what we’re used to.
- In terms of size, both cameras are compact and can easily be brought anywhere with ease.
PRINTING: Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 vs Polaroid Z2300
- Fujifilm Instax 90 will print out the photo almost immediately. Of course, one must lower down the expectation of such camera as the colors may come out dull and with low resolution, but with the right light, the pictures may come out better than expected.
- The Polaroid z2300 doesn’t immediately print out the pictures after taking the shot. The user must first choose which photo to print and even select how many copies are to be printed before the camera gets printing.
- This Polaroid uses ZINK or zero ink technology, which means there are no need for cartridges or tones. It instead uses cyan, magenta, and yellow crystals that are activated by heat inside the camera. A plus for this camera is that the printouts can actually be turned to stickers.
FEATURES: Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 vs Polaroid Z2300
- Both cameras come with different modes for shooting at different subjects and environments.
- With Fujifilm Instax Mini 90, you can even get more creative as you play around with its double exposure feature, something you can’t do with the regular digital cameras.
- On the other hand, Polaroid z2300 can record HD videos, a feature not so common among instant cameras.
Fujifilm Instax Mini 90 vs Polaroid Z2300 – Winner
And the winner is…. Well… It depends
Polaroid Z2300 wins if you want to play it safe. You can always check your pictures before printing and even make multiple copies.
Instax Mini 90 wins if you plan to use it a lot. This camera is also better for those of you with a tight budget because the camera is a little bit cheaper and so is the instant film.