In this Instax Wide 210 review we are going to talk about the features, the Pros and Cons and we will see pictures taken with the camera.
Instax Wide 210 is Fujifilm’s attempt to replace the Polaroid cameras. Its body is solid and quite heavy and it has an incorporated flash. The whole camera is made of flimsy plastic and the battery door has problems staying closed. However, the price is very affordable, as the camera is being sold for less than $100.
On the down side, all the control buttons are on the left side of the camera, which makes it difficult to use. It is quite uncomfortable to turn the camera on its side each time you want to change the settings. Besides that, the camera is set to open on macro mode. So if you forget to change the settings each time you turn it on, the resulting picture will probably be unfocused.
The other controls of Instax Wide 210 are an ISO switch with three options: darken, normal and lighten and a button that activates and deactivates the flash. The selected option appears on a small oval LCD screen placed just above the buttons. The shutter is located on the right side of the camera and is really comfortable to use.
The Fuji Instax Wide Film is inserted in the back of the camera. Its quality is awesome, featuring great colors and its size is similar to the ones used by the original Polaroid cameras.
Instax Wide 210 works great for outside closeups. However, indoors the quality of the pictures is massively affected even when you use the flash. Its light is not that strong so if you want to photograph something placed on the other side of the room, most of the picture will probably remain black.
Next step of this Instax Wide 210 review is to check the pros and cons!
Instax Wide 210 pros:
- It is nice to have your memories instantly printed;
- It is fun to watch the image as it appears on the film;
- The price of the camera is affordable;
- The colors are strong and well saturated;
- It takes great pictures outside, in good lightning;
- The image size of the prints is 62×99 mm, which is a great size for instant photography
Instax Wide 210 cons:
- It is huge (almost two times bigger than a DSLR) and heavy;
- The camera is entirely made of plastic that makes it look like a toy;
- The pictures appear dark in low light environments so the camera is basically useless indoors;
- The image you will see on the viewfinder is wider than the actual picture so you have to place the subject in the center to make sure it appears;
- The controls are placed on the side, which is rather inconvenient given the fact that usually that is where you place your hand to hold the camera
Pictures taken with Instax Wide 210:
We hope you enjoyed our Instax Wide 210 Review.